Peranakan Tile #3
Paper Tile Dimension: 10cm (Height), 10cm (Length)
Frame Dimension: 24.8cm (Height), 24.8cm (Length)
This artwork is inspired by the Peranakan Tiles found in Singapore, on the walls of shophouses along East Coast Road.
Before World War II, many Peranakans (descendants between Chinese traders and local Malay or other indigenous women) used ornamental tiles from England, Belgium and Japan to display their wealth and status on their homes. Both functional and decorative, these tiles are a beautiful reminder of Singapore’s past through bust and boom.
Nestled amidst Singapore's towering buildings and ultra-modern developments, lies its heritage neighbourhoods - complete with carefully restored shophouses and a distinct old Singapore charm.
Display a piece of Singapore's history with this Peranakan tile artwork.
- Keep them indoors (below 35°C)
- Indirect sunlight preferred
- Use brush or hair dryer on low/cool setting to dust off
- All products are handcrafted. Each piece might differ a little.
- Colour variations may be expected due to lighting and screen settings.
- No exchange or refunds once orders are made.